These instructions are for most of our wall mounted items.
NOTE: Quilt hanger (clamp) instructions are here.
REQUIRED TOOLS / ITEMS:
2. Phillips head screwdriver
4. Tape measure
6. 1 general use nail
7. 3 inch screws
9. Stud finder (For safety and stability, we recommend screwing into a stud*.)
10. 100 pound wall anchors/toggle bolts (*Optional: If not installing into a stud, a minimum of 100 pound wall anchors/toggle bolts are strongly suggested.
1. Measure your area to find the best place to hang your wall mounted item.
2. If you will be screwing into a stud (recommended), find your studs with a stud finder.
3. Remove the wooden plugs from your item by taking a small screw and tapping on them from the inside, and set aside the plugs for now.
(See demonstration in video below. FYI: We recently re-branded from Hope Woodworking). Once you attach your piece to the wall, you will plug up these holes so that the screws don’t show.
4. Put your wall item where you'd like it installed on the wall & make sure it is level.
5. With a pencil, mark the spots where you will be drilling a hole or installing a wall anchor/toggle bolt.
6. If using a wall anchor/toggle bolt, put your item to be hung down & install the bolt per the manufacturer's instructions.
7. If you are using a wall anchor/toggle bolt, use a screw driver to securely tighten into wall.
8. Next, install the screw into the stud or wall anchor through the open holes from where the wooden plugs were removed.
9. Install the plugs back into the open holes by gently tapping on them with a small hammer or block of wood.