1. Measure distance between keyholes on back of quilt clamp
2. Identify Ideal Position on Wall
3. Mark spot for first screwn & install screw on wall (preferably into a stud)
4. Place quilt clamp into first screw on wall by placing keyhole slot over the screw
5. Make sure quilt clamp is level and make references points
6. Find spots where other keyhole slots are and mark them
7. Hammer a nail into one of those slots & test placement. If quilt clamp is not level, move nail up or down and retest to see if quilt clamp is level
8. Once level, drill screw (or pilot hole for anchor) into wall. Anchor should be used if not drilling screw into a stud. For anchors, drill pilot hole, install anchor, and then drill the screw into the anchor.
9. Repeat Steps 7 and 8 for remaining keyhole slots.
10. Mount quilt clamp on the wall by placing all keyhole slots over each screw & test sturdiness. If quilt moves a lot, tighten screws into the wall until snug against the wall.
11. Loosen knobs and place top of quilt / blanket / rug at the seam & re-tighten knobs.